The Centre for Political Research became partner of the annualy organized Student Conference “Caucasus at the Crossroads: Challenges to Regional Stability” from 2017.
It is noteworthy, that this year with the initiative of the CPR, to the existing sections of the conference, a new Panel of Political Science was added. Within this section students will have an opportunity to present papers and discuss problems related to Political Transformation in Caucasus: Trends, Challenges and Achievements.
- Political system: general trends of development the presidential and parliamentary governance;
- Party politics: nature of political parties and party systems;
- Democratization and authoritarianism: challenges for democracy and authoritarianism empowering tendencies;
- Election systems, behavior of electorate and political communication;
- Political culture, political involvement, activism and social movements;
- Nation and ethnicity in the Caucasus: interethnic relations, integration, assimilation, segregation;
All presented topics will be evaluated by qualified jury, members of which were selected by the CPR representatives. The 5th Joint International Student Conference “Caucasus at the Crossroads: Challenges to Regional Stability”,will take place on 29th of April, 2017 at the International Black Sea University.