The Center for International Studies was founded in 2018. It includes 7 permanent members and 15 volunteers (students).
The Center is divided into the following directions: 1. American Studies; 2. Geopolitics and Black Sea Region; 3. EU studies; 4. China Studies.
The main aims of the Center are as follows:
- Intensive cooperation with similar organizations – educational institutions, governmental agencies on the central and municipal level, NGOs, research centers, diplomatic missions, international intergovernmental organizations, international non-governmental organizations, commercial organizations etc.
- To promote practical knowledge established on the knowledge gained by the representatives of the center in the fields of international relations, national security, development of democratic institutions, fundamental principles of human rights, American Studies, EU Studies, oriental studies, geopolitics, crisis management, etc.
- To study and analyze political, economic, security and other relevant events which are going on in Georgia and different regions of the world;
- To promote regional cooperation according to the principles and norms of international law by peaceful means;
- Working out on preventive mechanisms for preventing potential conflicts and searching and analysis for the determination the possible ways for the conflict resolution in Caucasus, Black Sea Region and other parts of the World;
- Strengthening the relations with the ethnical and religious minorities in Georgia.
Main Forms of Activities
- Preparation of projects proposals and working over different programs and projects in the fields: world politics, world economy, regional security, EU studies, American studies, China studies, democracy/human rights, etc.;
- Organization of various scientific events (conferences, seminars, workshops, trainings, public lectures, etc.);
- Establishing a network and promoting cooperation with those organizations, activities of which coincide with the interest of the Center and its divisions. Particularly, conduct negotiations with the diplomatic missions residing in Georgia, educational institutions, similar strategic-research centers, etc.;
- Participation in scientific events;
- Doing research and produce publications in the forms of articles and books;
- Working out appropriate recommendations for the governmental agencies related to implementation of the foreign policy and national security priorities of Georgia.